Monday, May 07, 2007

Quick Update

So sorry for the Shiraz-induced, grammatically horrific blabbering about my former life. Seriously, it was bad. I had to at least edit it up a bit.

On a happier note, things have been going well. Last week at work was incredibly stressful and my boss and I got into it (and I gave her huge benefit of the doubt due to the heart attack and all- I can't believe she was even back at work.) It was bad and I seriously considered leaving the agency. Terrible things were said (not on my part) that can't be taken back but I love the agency and I'm all about the mission and I will do whatever I can, within reason, to make it work. Things were aired that have needed to be aired for a while and things seem much better this week.

I also took off Thursday and Friday to just chill. I got a massage Thursday from this great massage therapist my friend found (which happens to be right next door to a yarn shop!) and then Friday we left to go camping and hiking in the Wichita Mountains down by Lawton. The weather was beautiful and the hiking was great. We also saw all kinds of wildlife. Pics to come! After hiking Saturday, we went to the quirky and fabulous Meers Restaurant and ate a rediculously disgusting amount of delicious burgers, assorted fried appetizers, and topped it off with a huge bowl of cherry cobbler and homemade ice cream.

On the knitting front, I've finally decided to brave true lace work! I bought the Fiber Trends Lace Leaf Shawl pattern months ago and often look at it in admiration but thought it was still above my skill. And attention level. But it's going - I just finished my first pattern repeat and, although I had to rip out more rows than I knitted to get the count right, I'm finally in a good rythym. I've just learned if it doesn't come naturally I can't force it and just have to put it down and come back later. Pics of that soon too, promise...

Oh, and my grandma turned 80 a week ago last Saturday. Most of the extended family got together and got a clubhouse at Remington Park to celebrate. My grandma loves the races and has really fond memories of going to horse races all over when my grandpa was still with her. We had a great time. My grandma is 80 but she is spunky as ever. I'm so glad we could all enjoy it with her.
She also let me know recently that she was supposed to go on a cruise with a friend (it's a group thing and my parents are going too) up through Boston and Portland, Maine and Newfoundland. Her friend backed out and she asked me to be her roomate. I'm really excited. I feel really blessed to have this opportunity to take this trip with her.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Tonia~ said...

Sorry to hear that you and your boss had it out. I hope things are better.

Happy Birthday to your Grandma.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

Happy Birthday to you Grandma ! Sounds like you are up for a real fun cruise trip. Have fun.
I hope things begin to look better at work soon.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home