Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Finally, Something Worth Blogging About...

Okay, it's nothing great but I have finally finished a little something fiber-y. I had to rush out the door Friday morning and get it in the mail, with just enough time to grab a crappy pic with bad lighting. My aunt just had a little girl three weeks ago and I found a cute layette at Target to go with the bolero.

It's the Baby Bolero pattern from One Skein made with Blue Sky Cotton (love this stuff!) in Shell.

We had a great Easter. We went to my husband's home town about 3 hours away and stayed with his family. Our neice and nephew were there and Kev's Grandma who lives in Kansas and we rarely ever see. We had a good time and some great food. I swear I gain one pound for every day we spend there.

And in home-y news, I finally got the back junk room, AKA Yarntopia, conquered and somewhat organized. My husband and family now affectionately call it the Little Yarn Store. I wanted to post before/after photos but I just couldn't bear to photograph that giant mound of crap on the bed. Here is a flash of my stash from last November. It mostly stayed in those bins. And piled on the bed. And under the bed. And in the closet.

Here is the new and improved craft room:

The second pic is a closer shot of the craft table. It's better if you picture it without all the crap around it, still have some work to do. I also got 2 gigantic bookshelves moved out of our bedroom. I wasn't a huge fan of my massive mess of books in the bedroom.

In this compilation of all the mini-stashes, I realized I have more acrylic than one girl should ever have accumulated...



Which I have slowly been turning into these...



6 inch and 12 inch squares to send to Heartmade Blessings. Man, it's a slow process.

And how on earth does someone come to obtain this much Lion Brand Homespun?
Eleven whole skeins of random colors and many random scraps. Gorgeous colors. I have to come up with something for them. I know it's cheap and it's acrylic but I really like it.

I feel so much better now that it's all organized. And my sis and brother in law and my parents came up the weekend before last and they could all sleep in beds! Woo!
Much more destashing to do, I hope to get rid of some of the yarn that I don't think I'll use and make room for more! And I also have some books to offer.

3 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

What a sweet bolero. That will be a lovely gift. You're so good... I need to "clean sweep" my basement really bad... :)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Maryann said...

Awww, that little bolero is just too cute. I sorted out my yarn stash yesterday too and it feels good... will have to do the needles and books next... ;o)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Yasmin said...

The bolero is soo cute! I have to make one too....I love baby stuff. And I cannot stop droooooooling big time over your craft supplies and YARN!!!!! Oh gorgeous yarn! PLs pet that LB homespun from me please...I"ve been longing to touch it !

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home